Monday, September 24th
- Go over theses
- Woods "Origins" chapter Fishbowl Discussion
- HW: On Google classroom
Tuesday, September 25th
- Quietly write LEQ on notebook paper in handwriting.
- CLICK HERE for LEQ Rubric
- Since you already have a thesis, focus on USING your evidence to SUPPORT your argument. Don’t just describe your evidence...I (your reader) am already familiar with it. I want to know how you USE the evidence to SUPPORT your argument.
- Prompt: Some historians have argued that the British victory over the French in North American inevitably led to the American Revolution a few years later. Support, modify or refute this contention using specific evidence.
- Bishopian Style Thesis: The extreme debt facing the British after their victory over the French in NA led to the end of salutary neglect and the beginning of laws and acts being imposed on the colonies, eventually leading to the American Revolution.
- Polleckian Style Thesis: The British re-involvement in the colonies after their victory over the French saddled colonists with the burden of military debt while denying them spoils of war, creating a tense relationship ultimately ending in the American Revolution.
- Use your own thesis if you wish!
- Start HW: On Google Classroom. SUBMIT ONLINE.