Monday, October 29th
- Lincoln Movie Clips
- Period 5 Lecture: Reconstruction
- HW: Reserve 2 pages of the back of your notebook for each of the following categories (8 pages total): People, Ideas, Events, Documents/Books/Texts. For Periods 1-5, use your notes, assignments, internet to make chronological lists for each category with year and brief description. We will keep working on these pages and they will be useful for reviewing for the final exam as well. Feel free to work together if you wish. Use Gilder Lehrman AP Study Guide if you’re clueless. 😝 Ex: Common Sense by Thomas Paine. 1775. Written in simple language to convince colonists to rebel against Great Britain and not wait for great Britain to change.
Tuesday, October 30th
- Group midterm day!
- HW: Period 5 Review and Extra Credit are due on Friday.
Wednesday, October 31st
- Finish Midterms
- Emancipation Proclamation
- CLICK HERE to read about the context of the proclamation.
- CLICK HERE to read the Emancipation Proclamation
- Write an AP style question or questions for other AP students. Go beyond basic. Basic would be: What caused Lincoln to write the EP?
- Change and Continuity over Time
- Period 5 Lecture: other stuff going on in the 1860s and Lincoln's use of federal power
- Thinking exercise: change and continuity over time
Thursday, November 1st
- Finish Change and continuity over time Thinking Exercise
- DBQ skills exercise
- Period 5 Review Game
Friday, November 2nd
- Period 5 Test