Monday, November 26th
- Discuss Homework
- Progressive Era Speed Dating: CLICK HERE to sign up
- Their cause
- Notable Quotes
Tuesday, November 27th
- Progressive Era DBQ Practice. Documents CLICK HERE. Prompt: To what extent did the leaders of the Progressive Movement introduce a new philosophy of the role of government?
- DBQ Rubric CLICK HERE to view
- Support with evidence
- HW: Write ONE body paragraph (about 8 sentences) of a DBQ. Use your thesis or one of these:
- Sample thesis 1: The political corruption that impacted early 20th century America sparked the progressive Movement where a government with a stronger influence in the economy was greatly promoted by leaders such as Theodore Roosevelt in order to created standardized safety regulations and advocate for limits on monopolies to re-institute the power of the people.
- Sample thesis 2: Although widespread corruption was still present in the US, Progressive leaders introduced a new philosophy about the role of government throughout change in the social gospel to focus more on equal opportunity and wealth, change in business through anti-trust and anti-monopoly acts, and through social changes that include civil rights movements and the end of laissez faire economics.
- The body paragraph should include a topic sentence and the following, but not necessarily in this order:
- Paraphrase and cite 2 document.s (Doc 6)
- Dedicate a sentence to showing how the document supports your argument.
- Explain how one of the following really does support the argument and cite. (Doc 6, HC)
- Historical context (HC)
- Intended purpose (IP)
- Intended audience (IA)
- Point of view (POV)
Wednesday, November 28th
- CLICK HERE for imperialism cartoons...or find your own by googling "American imperialism political cartoons."
- Figure out artists' point of view about the topic.
- American Imperialism Lecture